A large fire set a sweet potato packing facility ablaze in Gimje, North Jeolla Province, early Monday morning, as black fumes came pouring out, local authorities said.
According to the Gimje Fire Department, the fire started around 5:15 a.m. Monday and was extinguished an hour later.
The fire reportedly caused an estimated 150 million won ($134,000) in damage. No casualties were reported, as the facility was not in operation at the time.
Police and fire authorities said they are working closely together to pinpoint the cause of the fire.
By Catherine Chung (email@example.com